Sunday, December 07, 2014

Olivia-Like

Grappling with the two weeks looming in front of the two week break...two weeks feels like forever. Hoping the weeks go quickly?  'cuz it's torture to think of the ten work days stretched out in front of me.

I'm feeling very Olivia Pope-like as J. and I enjoy the first bottle of our case order of V. Sattui Gamay Rouge.  Seriously one of the best wines ever and I can see this becoming a regular thing.  Enjoying the slight 'lightness' feeling induced by wine as we ease into Sunday evening.  I guess I should go make dinner before I'm too woozy to cook.  We're having Teriyaki Chicken sandwiches - a take on the Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken Burger that I adore.

Side note:  Red Robin is open here in town now!  We haven't ventured there yet 'cuz like all new Tracy restaurants, the wait is ridicules.  But we will get there!

J. and I have been working with the travel agent who handled the Europe Groupon trip we took last year and are looking at taking another trip in March again.  This time, taking H. with us.  I gave him a heads up that we were thinking of it to be sure he was interested in going and he was very enthusiastic in his reaction.  Now, we just have to work on understanding what the travel agent has set up.  It's a bit more expensive than we thought - but we are asking him to book us in Premium Economy on either Virgin Atlantic or British Airways.  Not much more than we would pay with upgrading to the more legroom seats.  That part is going to be a surprise to H. .

The plan is for H. & J. to go to Rome for a few nights and I will stay in London for a few days. We all fly into London from SFO then J. and H. head to Rome.  I stay in London for a few days alone (I can't tell you how excited I am about that!!  Shopping!! Or at least window shopping!)  Then we meet in Paris for seven nights and we end with a few more nights in London together.

We will see if it all works out.  Still a lot of logistics to finalize and then have to figure out how to pay for it.  No worries there - just have to decide what account to dip into.  And we won't finalize arrangements on the trip until we see the oncologist on December 23rd.  H. seems fine - but he is running 'hot' a lot lately - sleeping with the fan on high in his shorts with no covers - and it's winter here and our thermostat is set for low 60's in the night.  I worry about that.  We will see.

My husband just made me still happier by asking 'would you like to go to Disneyland Paris while we're there'?  Um...YES!!  I am in turn agreeing that IF we do Disneyland Paris in 2015, we will forgo our every five year trip to Disneyland California - though we go there on the '5's' to celebrate that parks every five year anniversary.  But yes, to be in Disneyland Paris for a day or two, I will skip driving down to the Southern California and spending money to be there.  We will call it 'done' in exchange for one or two days in the Paris park instead!

And (while I wish he would surprise me), I also stated that I want to go to Tiffany's Paris on our 25th anniversary where I would like to select a Sterling Silver bauble.  Silver is the 25th anniversary 'gift' and I'm sure I can find something lovely that's well within our budget.  I'm just the kind of girl that likes to say what she wants to avoid any disappointments.  Maybe he would have done it anyway?  But now we will!!  I've coveted something from Tiffany's for a quarter of a century - and now, I will get something.  And maybe he will, too!  Lots of fun things in that store for both of us!  Silver keeps the cost to within our budget - even flying all the way to Europe to make that dream come true.

He will make me the happiest person on earth with this trip - 25 years from the day that was the happiest of my life.

Wow...this wine is really good.  I'm ready to go to bed.  It's not even 6PM yet -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...