Sunday, December 28, 2014

Disbelief and a Healthy Dose of Denial

Ninth day of the break in progress.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  Sixteen days seemed like forever and here it is the second Sunday and we're already down to just seven days left.  Dang it!  Time goes so quickly.

I have worked hard at doing stuff.  Making progress here and there as the days pass sublimely.  I avoid naps - I want naps but don't want to sleep the time away.  I'm getting used to staying up until 10 or 11 and sleeping in until 8 - perhaps I should consider this week going back to earlier to bed and earlier risings to help make the inevitable adjustment easier.  But I know I won't.

The boys are spending time out and about.  Last night, J. and B. went to see Unbroken - said it was good.  B. took his dad to the new Red Robin and bought him a drink.  They got home just before 11 as I was heading upstairs to bed.  H. went to an Ugly Sweater party.  I raided my closet and while he found a couple things he felt were 'appropriate' (ugly, in his mind), they were clearly 'girl' blouses with necklines that were too low.  In the end, he took a pair of my Snowflake Eyeore pajama bottoms and wore those.  Said he's improvise with a t-shirt that he'd draw something on.  Can't wait to see it. He's sleeping off the festivities.  It's 12:22PM and he's still in bed.  There's a partial bottle of some malt liquor beverage in the way back part of the fridge - Python or something like that...I just looked. King Cobra.  I knew it was a snake of some sort.  That counts, right?

J. and B. headed to San Leandro for a visit with J.'s brother.  I'm heading to vacuum the family room; tidy the kitchen and dining room; work on getting stuff together for Goodwill.  Trying to be productive while also enjoying the slower pace and lack of deadlines.  It's nice to be off for two weeks in a row.  I could sure get used to this.

I left my phone unplugged so long, it died.  Now it's not getting work emails - even though I've reconnected and logged on to the mail exchange server several times.  I glanced at it yesterday just long enough to realize there was an issue with the mail; see that it had 1% power left; and noticed a missed call from the hair salon - so I rushed to get dressed and out the door for my appointment. Put shoes on for the first time in days - Santa brought me a really comfy pair of slippers that are warm and very comfortable and I've been living in them since Christmas - my swollen, 'relaxed' feet rebelled and it felt strange to have shoes ensconcing my toes.  Hair cut is done and cute.

Chloe has been under the weather a bit the past couple of days - she barfed yesterday and didn't eat her food for a long time.  Today, she's eating but slowly - has to think about it.  We're keeping an eye on her and she's getting lots of extra cuddle time.

There's a Harry Potter weekend on and I've enjoyed watching all the movies!  Today's the last three! Even H. has been mildly interested and changes the channel in the family room to the same so he can watch, too.  The scene where Dumbledore dies still makes me cry - every time.

Back to productivity!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...