Friday, July 10, 2009

Jon & Sherry

There is an update on Jon & Sherry Rivers on the KLove website - link on the right side of the home page. Jon has been addicted to prescription pain medication and apparently, the 'abrupt' departure was Sherry's method of getting Jon to a treatment facility. I am so grateful they updated, since the departure left many loyal KLove listeners stunned and saddened and disappointed. Jon is on the road to recovery and while there is no mention of a return to KLove, who knows what God has in store for the family. At least the truth is out and all the crazy rumors can stop. I will feel better when I mail off our monthly donation - I now 'see' why it was sudden but I still have felt 'resentful' towards KLove since they left. My mistake and while I didn't let those feelings stop me from sticking with our monthly financial pledge to their ministry, I scold myself today for thinking badly of KLove. It all makes 'sense' now and thankfully, Jon is in recovery and their family is doing well. Thank you, God.

No updates this week 'cuz it's been a busy week. New boss = lots to do. My 'to do' list grows everyday with things he wants more info about; things he wants to talk about; things he wants to change. Today, we're walking all of our sites and listing all the things he wants done in the facilities area. It will be a fun morning. Hoping for reasonably cool temperatures, so I don't wilt into a puddle in front of him. We've been blessed by reasonably mild temps (all things considered) and hoping that holds true this morning as well.

We have family stopping by on their way home from Oregon to So. California - we will meet them for dinner somewhere close by and visit a bit. It is always lots of fun to see them and we look forward to their vacation stopovers.

No plans this weekend - though I might decide to go into the office for a bit to do some organizational things - leaving the county next weekend has thrown me into my frantic 'cleaning the baseboards' mode and that is true at work as well. I told my assistant yesterday 'before I leave on Wednesday (or it may actually be Thursday now depending on what I get done at work between now and then), I will point to the 'critical pile' on my desk so you'll know where to start in the unlikely event I don't return from Mexico'. She laughed....since I've been sharing with her my 'worries' regarding international travel by air. The tragedy with the French plane lost in the ocean certainly didn't help that phobia, now did it? All will be well....and my stacks will be in order. Relatively speaking.

I'm ready to head out the door. Meetings all morning (including one BEFORE the marathon walk around our campuses) and plenty to do.

More updates later (including a couple pictures, possibly)....I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats!

Thanks for checking in -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...