Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Half Blood Prince

I was to work only a half day today. Just half. I knew going in that would be a challenge, since I was in before everyone else and should have left around 11ish (to be at a 4 hour point)...but I had an 11AM meeting and then we all decided to have take out Chinese for lunch. It was a fun lunch and it's been so great to have a sup who just initiates these casual, informal get togethers. He invited me and my co-worker to lunch with him on Tuesday - again, totally impromptu and unexpected....and a great mid-day break. We had another great lunch together - with all district staff there. It was a lot of fun.

I finally got home after 3 and decided to take the boys to the movies. Thankfully, they were up for it and available - yet another convergence in a week of convergences. We saw Harry Potter - and now know why my niece (in Los Angeles) had posted on her Facebook page 'it is the best and the worst HP movie yet'. She was exactly right about that. I will see it again - at least a couple times, I hope - in the theatres. It was brilliant. Absolutely a blast from start to finish and never dragged. It was funny.....and sad.....and powerful. Loved it. Go see it. You won't regret it. Unless you've never seen any of them OR read the books, in which case, rent the first five movies first and then go see it.

I ran a couple errands and am home now - approaching 9PM. Thinking I'll head up to bed and then get up 'late' - let myself sleep in for an extra hour or so. I was supposed to attend a 1/2 day meeting tomorrow but it was (thankfully) cancelled - which is why I didn't feel badly about working a full day today. And I'm done and feel 'ok' about what I left undone. Nothing earth shattering and it will all keep for another week. That's a good feeling. My office was tidy, and clean and in order. I could get used to that.

Now, to accomplish the same for the house. I have gotten the boys 'on board' with helping tomorrow and J. is off as well - so we will spend the day preparing for the trip....packing....cleaning....etc.

In 48 hours, we'll be on the beach, sipping something cold and refreshing. Enjoying fish tacos and good tortillas, etc. Can't wait....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...