Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Convergence

Status thus far today:
  • No Harry Potter. Decided a good night's sleep trumped my obsession with all things wizardly. He will have to wait for our first weekend at home.
  • Our freezer started a strange 'dripping' sound last night - we resolved it by shutting off the ice maker. No time for repair at this point. I don't think dripping water (since it's got a water and ice dispenser in the door and is 'plumbed' in the wall to provide the water) is something to ignore. Nervous about it but we will check on it tonight and hope it's OK.
  • My computer is freezing. It has been hugely slow lately and the warning that's popping up says my 'C' drive is full. That is an understatement. Once again the 'oh, this computer has all the space you will ever need' is biting me in the butt. Will attempt to remove/compress as much as possible - but did I mention how that 'task' is so NOT on my 'list of zillions of things to do before getting on an airplane and leaving the country for a week'??
  • The person we had planned to take care of the cats and bird while we are gone has not responded to multiple messages we have left on their phone. Freaking out is where I'm at. I'm fine with all the outdoor plants dying if that's what has to happen - but dead animals is not OK. I don't know what we're going to do but I will be calling someone shortly and begging for them to be my 'backup' plan. I don't know what else to do....I'm desperate.
  • Have not packed, tidied or any of the other zillions of things I should be doing.
  • I have been 'nesting' at work like crazy - cleaning out files, binders, etc. Like home, I'm doing something that needs to be done - but shouldn't really be my highest priority. I can't help it. Something about 'leaving' for a week makes me want to tidy and organize more than 'do' things. I've been there 11 hours each day all week and will be again today and tomorrow - and what's even MORE wrong with that is that I'm supposed to be off tomorrow! We'll see. On a good note, my office is looking pretty darn good, all things considered.....
OK - it's time to head out the door - 'late' compared to the other days this week....took some time to attempt to clear my computer. I deleted some files, etc....but now have no idea how to 'empty the trash' on it - so I'll have to wait for J. to help with that this evening.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...