Friday, July 31, 2009

Finito

Still practicing my Spanish....

Lived through the week....it went by in a blur. Spurred along by missing two days of work for the flu episode. I am so far behind from THIS week that I haven't even gotten to how far behind I am from LAST week....so I plan to 'dig in' and work this weekend. I will feel infinitely better if I just buckle down and get some stuff DONE over the weekend. Things are moving fast and furious these days there and it's all I can do to keep up. I don't feel badly about working this weekend - I feel kind of excited. Work is a high energy place these days and it's getting more and more 'fun' everyday. So I'm ok with working. I'll still manage to wedge in some free time - I need a hair cut and have to grocery shop, at the very least. Does that count as free time? It must...'cuz that's about all I'll be able to do.

I finally went to the Dr. last night - I was 'wedged in'. No firm diagnosis - but the bites on my leg still look bad (one week after they happened) and there is a 'new' rash that is now on BOTH feet and BOTH legs - and one leg doesn't have any bites, so it can't be the bites causing the weird rash. He sent me to the lab first thing this morning....8 tubes of blood later. When you travel to a foreign country, you get double the blood work for the same low price! (Sorry, I just can't resist a little sarcasm). I don't feel 'good'. I don't feel 'horrifically bad' anymore - but I don't feel good.....so we'll see if the blood work reveals any mysteries. I love my Dr. He's nice and he's thorough and he knows me and trusts me when I say 'I just don't feel right'. He believes me. That's a great trait for a Dr. to have.

School starts for H. in two weeks. And as expected, the 'no summer reading assignment' crap he's been feeding us all summer was dead wrong. Not sure when/how he found out - but there is indeed a summer reading assignment (which we were positive there was because that's part of the program he's in - every summer, except the summer after his Senior year) - and he has once again put it off to the bitter end. We are now 'torturing' him. Well, I'm torturing him. J. is going for the 'father congeniality award' and trying to 'work with him' on setting reasonable time frames, goals, etc. I say 'screw all that crap - the time for all that was IF he had known the assignment existed IN JUNE, not two weeks before school starts'. I'm doing what I typically do in these situations...I silently fume while I watch J. set H. up for a major implosion from his mother shortly. And it will happen. Until we totally put the screws to him and prohibit any and all social activities of any kind and restrict him to the house until it's done, he won't do it.... Two years of this crap with H. - and four years of this crap with his brother - has trained me well.....
I told H. yesterday 'you'd better cut the attitude buddy, 'cuz your dad is trying the 'setting reasonable goals approach. I think the best approach is to tell you that you are not leaving this house again until it's done....so quit giving us attitude about it, read the directions and FOLLOW THEM and get with the program and do the work'. That shut him up.

I love (both) my job(s). The one I do for pay and the one I do for the sheer joy of being a mom.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...