Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ahh!

The only thing better than a vacation is coming home from a vacation.....sinking into bed last night - the soft, warm, luxurious bed - was the best thing ever! There's nothing like getting back into your own bed after a week of sleeping elsewhere!

It's a Sunday morning and we are commencing the typical long list of things to do after vacation, including grocery shopping, visit the bank, get my car washed, a haircut (I hope), etc. Wishing I had planned to take a few more days off to recover from my recovery - but alas, it is a busy week approaching and being out longer would not be advisable.

The cats have been scolding us since we got home - they were awaiting our arrival on the upstairs landing like they'd been sitting there for a week! The house sitter said she never saw Snow - and yet, there he was, sitting primly and properly awaiting our return. We obliged them with ear scratches and lots of petting. We pick up Chloe this afternoon -

J. is making pancakes and hash for breakfast! We're all starving since dinner was some kind of sandwich wrap on the airplane and it wasn't that great nor very filling.

It's great to be home.....but I'm missing the beach already. If it weren't for the 8 nasty looking mosquito bites on my right let (I'd post pictures of them but you would seriously think I've contracted some deadly disease - I have a strong allergic reaction to mosquitoes. It's bad....and poor B. has inherited that from me as well only he's bitten everywhere!), I wouldn't know I'd been anywhere....well, I am more tan than I've been in a long time...so that counts for something.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...