Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flu

The queasy stomach of yesterday was not 'post vacation stress syndrome'....by noon, I was in the bathroom more than at my desk. By 8PM, I was a disaster - aches, headache, and more running to the bathroom. That continued into the night - around midnight, I dosed myself with Imodium, taking the maximum dose in about an hour. Finally, sleep. And fever. And more trips to the bathroom.

Suffice it to say that we brought more home with us from Mexico than wonderful memories. B. has been sick since Monday morning and I followed shortly after. Perhaps what H. was sick with IN Mexico our last night there was more than just food poisoning....sure seems that way.

In recovery mode. I called in sick today (thus canceling three important meetings) that will now be rescheduled tomorrow - and I have a mandatory meeting at our county office of ed first thing in the am, too - that I really, truly should not miss.

Trying to eat something and then we'll see how that goes.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...