Friday, July 24, 2009

Cafe au Lait

My one lone souvenir is a Starbucks mug with scenes of Playa del Carmen on it....cheezy, I know - but I do love my Starbucks mug.

My one teensy, weensy lone 'complaint' about this place is the coffee cups here are horrifically small. They are around 3-4 swallows each and that's just not enough! I've been missing my big mugs at home.

This morning, J. fixed coffee (as he's done every morning - it was brewing while he put a load of laundry in the washer....I know, I know. He's the best, isn't he??) and came over and reached into my Starbucks handle bag and pulled out my brand new giant mug and said 'you want coffee in your new mug this morning, right?' YOWZA - the thought had never occurred to me to take it out of the bag and unwrap the tissue and USE IT NOW!

So now I'm starting our last full day here with an appropriate serving of strong Mexican coffee!

It's going to be a beautiful day.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...