Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Yin and Yang

The pool guy showed up early this morning....an 'uh oh' reminder that it was past 10AM (I didn't say it WAS early - I said the pool guy WAS early, compared to when he usually shows up) and I was still in my PJ's. Bolted upstairs and showered ultra quickly just in case he knocked on the door. He didn't. Phew! The pool is was sparkling clean.

About 1/2 hour later, the gardener arrived. The pool is now a mess again. Hopefully the filter will do it's job. And the darn gardener and his 'crew' tracked dog poop up and down the patio. Gosh darn it! I hate it when they do that....and we never know when they are arriving so it's hard to predict and prepare and scoop the poop in time. It was ONE poop...that is now all over our patio. That'll be a fun chore later in the heat of the day for some lucky son. Or husband.

I am supposedly accompanying son #1 to Las Po (that's what he calls it) to procure books and parking pass and financial aid packet (available starting today since it's officially the 2009-10 school year). There has been no sound from him and it's approaching 11:30. He was advised last night that I wanted to leave for LPC between 10 and 11....and that has clearly not happened. And no, I'm not waking him up to get him moving. He's so insistent that he should be 'on his own' about schedule, etc....so I'm letting him be. And I will likely not be available tomorrow - just to make a point. I had blocked today as the 'schlep to LPC day with B.' and I'm 'busy' tomorrow. Busy doing nothing but what I want to do when I want to do it. So there.

He is hosting ANOTHER band practice all afternoon - and that is bugging me also, since they are rehearsing HERE for a gig that B. won't even be at since it's the week we are in Cancun. He spent most of the FOUR HOUR rehearsal yesterday upstairs in his room on his laptop while the rest of the band - and his substitute drummer - practiced away. Oh well. We are also no longer buying food to feed all these people....I want to be a good hostess but I want to be solvent more...and feeding 4-8 people 3-4 times per week is NOT in our food budget. So I don't buy stuff anymore. They still go through cases and cases of Propel and water and whatever other beverages are in the garage - but it's hot in there so I'm fine with that. Wish they wouldn't leave 1/2 used bottles of those beverages everywhere...but what can you do about that? Waste happens.

We have no plans for the weekend other than hanging out around the house and in the pool. B. is working all day Saturday which is great for him since it's holiday pay!

Lunch yesterday was fun and delicious. I ran a couple errands on the way home and finally spent the $25 gift card from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I've had for over a year - got parchment paper and a jar with an insert you re-freeze...thinking I could make iced tea everyday and schlep it to work - has a handle and everything! And some 'beads' that you run through the garbage disposer to clean/deodorize. Just spent money 'cuz it was 'gift money'....fun to just buy things I would normally never buy.

I also bought flex binders that I use at home and work - setting up our Cancun trip binder. Making lists of things we need to get and/or pack. I'm determined to pack lightly - we can do laundry while we're there and I'm not going to pack a bunch of clothes that I know I won't wear. Just a couple pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans, a pair of 'slacks', bathing suits, tank tops/t-shirts and underwear. Will wash as needed.

Dishwasher is done so time to empty all the pooled water off glasses, etc. while they dry. Then move laundry and start another load. Still, it feels like a vacation 'cuz I am so rarely around to do these mundane things. I could get used to this....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...