Sunday, June 24, 2007

Oceans

We saw Oceans 13 this afternoon and it was GREAT! I loved it, loved it, LOVED IT! Almost as much as Oceans 11 and much more than Oceans 12.

I saw Oceans 11 in October, 2002. I remember that easily because I was laid off in October of that year and found myself unemployed with time on my hands. Thankful for a severance amount that let me take some time 'off' to think about what I wanted to do.

One weekday, I went to the movies. It was the very first show of the day - the popcorn was amazingly fresh and delicious. And I saw Oceans 11 - enjoying a bit of eye candy known as George and Brad. It was 2 hours of pure enjoyment - and it felt so neat to be at the movies on a weekday morning. I still remember that day - when I felt 'full or possibilities'. I was POd at my former company (still am) but I knew I would be OK. And at that point, I was just thinking about being off for a reason other than being pregnant or having just had a baby. It was great.

So go see the movie. It's great. Really great!!! And if you can somehow go on a weekday, alone, playing 'hooky' from whatever your responsibilities are, it'll be that much better!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...