Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fathers

Sunday was Fathers Day. B.'s first errand on his own was to go shopping for the special day. He chose his own card and paid for it himself.

After church and working a bit (yes, on Sunday AND Father's Day), I went to Target to pick up a few household things. And to get J. a card. The shelves were bare - nothing for a 'husband' was easily visible. Lots and lots of 'golf themes' - but nothing from me to him. I was about to give up - to acknowledge that I neglected to think ahead and shop earlier when I spotted one lone card, hidden behind the golf themes.

It said:

wonderful father
great husband
best friend
true love

and then inside:

Happy Father's Day from your grateful wife

I love you today and always.

It was perfect.

Only, I forgot to give it to him. I came home, unloaded my stuff and tucked the card away out of sight and only just realized this morning that I STILL hadn't given it to him. I am such a dweeb!

So, belated Happy Father's Day, J. You truly are all the things the card says and more. And I am grateful and incredibly blessed. I love you.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...