Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Surviving Survivor

We're watching the season premiere of Survivor...and can I just put this out in the cosmos....it is boring.  Really boring.  I haven't really been 'into' this show for a long time but tonight, it just feels like slow torture.  And it's an hour and a half.

And then it's followed by Amazing Race - another 'used to love it but now, not really' hour and a half.

But my best beloved DOES love them both...so we will watch.  Or he will watch and I will do computer stuff until sheer boredom sends me to be.  Where I will fall asleep watching TV as I have for the past couple nights.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to find my left eye bright red - a broken blood vessel had spread across the white part.  Today, it's still moving and is now bright red pretty much all under the iris...from one side to another.

I've had some pain that feels sinusy - and I feel totally fine other than itchy throat and headache.  I'm fine.  But I look like Frankenstein.

I am pleased to report that one of the big reports is done as of today and the second even bigger big report is well under way.  Fingers crossed that even with many meetings wedged in this week, I will get things done before the weekend and not feel compelled to work.  That's my goal:  get it done by Friday at 5 so I can enjoy the weekend.

We think we are signing loan docs here at home at noon tomorrow.  I sure hope that's right.  It's been dragging out forever - just before 5PM today, J. found out the lender was NOW requesting proof that we've paid our homeowners insurance for the year.  Really?  Geez.  But OK. Thanks to CSAA insurance, we had a pdf document confirming the policy is paid in full for the remainder of the policy term - and I'm sure if we'd needed it, CSAA could have confirmed that we historically have always paid our premium in full annually.  For basically forever.  They want us to jump through hoops, we'll jump!

J. is playing in a golf tournament on Saturday morning and then attending a concert on Saturday night.  Then he's playing music at church on Sunday.  He will be exhausted by Sunday afternoon!

He's one of those irritating (LOL) retired people who are so busy, they don't know how they ever worked.

We have additional garden plants en route from High Country Gardens and I can't wait to get them in the ground.  The gardener has been helping us fix a lot of sprinkler issues and he's going to update the drip system in the front beds.  I've got some miniature lavender plants along with some other higher plants to go in back of the lavender to update the two small beds on either side of the garage.  We removed the boring shrubs that were there and I'm looking forward to having some color in the front of the house.  Other color also arriving to be added.

I'm already fighting off sleepiness so looks like falling asleep in bed watching TV is imminent.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...