Monday, February 16, 2015

.9 Round Up

Feeling productive today - a holiday, technically.  I worked for a few hours - getting ready for a very hectic couple of weeks so took the time to organize, list, get started on two of the huge things that need doing this week.  Our MOT director phoned me to let me know the landscaping company was applying weed abatement to our field - he didn't want me to worry when I went out and saw people on the field.

Home by 2 and then J. and I took our dogarini out for a walk.  She had her ears back and set a brisk pace - until we walked her close to a mile.  The last block or so, her pace was definitely down.  So was mine - my legs felt jello-like so I can't imagine what her little legs felt like.  Enjoyed getting outside for some Vitamin D exposure.  Weather clear and sunny and while I'm a little cold inside (necessitating a light sweatshirt over my short sleeve top), the sweatshirt was quickly off at the start of the walk.

With J.'s help, I'm starting in on doing taxes for the two young men.  Awaiting B. sending his forms to us via a pdf attachment.

Last night, we made cheese grits and short ribs for dinner.  Tonight, we are enjoying Mexican (for H.) and sushi for J. and I.  The restaurants are next to each other and H. wasn't feeling sushi (unusual for him) so easy enough to get him Mexican food.  We said "Mikasa" and his mind thought "Mexican"....it's not.  But we made it so.

His job hunt begins this week and I've issued an order:  find any job.  Do not be picky.  Do not wait for the 'perfect' job.  Be a bagger at Raley's if you have to....but find something.  It's not even the $ - it's needing/wanting him to be busier so that spending 14 hours a day playing video games and partying with friends becomes a rare occurrence instead of the daily norm.

Sushi is here!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...