Wednesday, February 18, 2015

4 Day Work Week(s)

The Monday holidays are lovely but the ensuing 4 days spent trying to cram 5 days of work into them?  Not so much.  Still, it would be great if we went to 4 day work weeks all the time.  I could get used to that extra day - which usually finds me uber productive.

I walked the dog again last night, though not close to a mile.  It was approaching dark, a little chilly and she had three shots yesterday (poor baby) and wasn't as brisk in her pace...so we walked to the park and back.  Nothing spectacular but hey!  I walked the dog two days in a row and that's progress!

My sweet hubby procured $50 in supplies to make me a Blackberry Lemon Drop martini - which we haven't tried yet.  There are lots of recipes so we bought supplies to try a couple different methods.  I read about infusing blackberries into vodka in a mason jar but haven't taken it to that level - yet. Could happen, though.  Maybe tonight.

We have been enjoying wine with dinner the past couple nights - a delicious Cabernet.  Another trend.

Let's walk the dog and drink nightly!

We got our Costco Amex rebate - and ponder what will happen when the partnership between Amex and Costco ends this time next year.  I'm sure there will be some other 'partner' card but we'll see. We will miss the familiar Costco Amex card in our wallets.  I think the decline in Amex's stock price upon the news of the ending partnership is reflective of just how powerful big box stores are...though I also secretly applaud Amex for sticking to their guns and not accepting a discount that doesn't make business sense for them.  No matter how large Costco is, if Amex can't make some profit on their partnership, it's not worth doing.

We're hoping to stretch that rebate into April which shouldn't be too hard considering February is winding down and two weeks of March will find us in Paris!  Though stocking up the food locker for H. will put a dent in that -

I've also awakened at 5AM two days in a row...but here it is 6:24 and I've yet to shower.  Better get there soon -

It's Wednesday which I have to keep reminding myself.  4 day weeks throw off my head's calendar.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...