Friday, January 30, 2015

Delights

Scandal started again last night and I’d totally forgotten how amazing the ending was way, way back BEFORE THANKSGIVING.  Geez…two months without.  I watched the brief memory refresh of the last episode as the new one started and danced to "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing" (Stevie Wonder)  like I did when I saw the cliff hanger in November.

November….wow.  Tempest fuget. 

So I will be Olivia-like …..she talks really fast and just keeps talking things through.  Convincing herself and others what needs to happen….what should happen…and why….I can’t wait to watch tonight I started to watch last night but I knew if I did, I would stay up way late to see it and then How to Get Away With Murder comes on right after and I’d get sucked into that and have an overwhelming urge to also try to simultaneously watch the Series Ending of Parenthood so I just had to give up and turn off the light and curl up and try to shut my brain off but it wouldn’t shut off ‘cuz maybe I should have had some wine to urge me into sleep but then I might wake up too fuzzy for a day of work but then again wine helps with all things and the $2.50 wine from Trader Joe’s isn’t too bad all things considered so I could drink wine more often since I’m not drinking the $22.75 a bottle from ViSattui….

I could keep going all Olivia like….but I’m having a hard time not punctuating.

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to tonight when I can carefully and diligently catch up on the things recorded as we head into a weekend.

J. and H. leave for Rome on Wednesday morning though they leave the house Tuesday late-afternoon to head to SF to spend the night near the airport.  Early flights are much easier if you don’t have to drive an hour plus to get to your ‘be there two hours before your flight time’ so one of our other concessions to our age is to arrange to spend the night on that side of the Bay. 

This weekend, I plan to prep for the couple of days I will be ‘alone’ and working.  Grateful it’s just Wednesday and Thursday (I took Friday off to turn a three day weekend into a four day weekend).  Will prep veggies (carrots and celery) to easily pack; buy some sliced ham or turkey to easily just grab some meat and cheese slices to nosh on.  Yogurts, fruit, V-8, maybe a treat of a Stouffers Escalloped Chicken and Noodles (my all time favorite go-to comfort food that is hard to find and too expensive to actually feed a family – which is totally fine ‘cuz the boys never liked it.  They see a mushroom? And the dish is crossed off the list of things they will eat forever).

We are in the details of finishing up the house refinance which truly has been a pleasure and so relatively painless (all things considered).  Thanks to hubby who stays in touch and gets everything needed into the DropBox upon request.  We are (fingers crossed) hoping we may be able to actually sign this Tuesday before he departs for Rome and close sometime later next week.  Will be a real blessing to have this done – and the house appraised for enough to roll BOTH the pool and the equity line into the mortgage.  It was a teeny bit short on what was needed but we said we would scrape together the difference just to get this done.  It’s cutting the interest rate on our existing mortgage down a full point and cutting the interest rate on our pool in half.  The equity line is about the same rate – but it’s adjustable so it will be great to know it’s protected against any economics that result in interest rates going up.  I keep telling J. ‘I won’t believe it until I’m sitting in the office signing a bajillion documents’…but it’s looking pretty good.  For a few months, we’ll pay the difference between the old and new payment on the flooring bill – ‘cuz since we had to come up with a little extra to roll everything in, we aren’t paying off the floors right now – we’ll use the no interest financing as long as we can and pay it off just before interest would begin to accrue. 

I have a terribly crazy week ahead next week which includes tons of meetings and out of the offices along with board prep - yes, again.  The late January meeting makes the February regular 2nd Tuesday of the month meeting come around again pretty quickly.  It will be busy for sure - and two of those days, I will be wedging in getting home mid-day to give Chloe a break.  It's been a really long time since she's been kenneled during the day much...so this will be a huge change for her.  I am determined to take her for walks morning and evening - and hopefully can train her a bit to chill the heck out at the sight of her harness and leash.  That's the most challenging part of the 'take her for a walk' plan - she goes nuts when she knows there's a walk in the works.  Jumps around like a crazy dog.  

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...