Monday, January 19, 2015

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I returned victorious from Jackson at 12:30AM this morning.  I did not win 'quit my job' huge but I did more than double what I took to lose and that feels great!  And I had a great time - arrived at 2:30PM and departed at 11PM.  There was a slot tournament event as well yesterday - I read about it before deciding to go up - but figured the likelihood of me earning enough points to qualify given the little amount I was taking to play with weren't good.  But I DID win and played enough to earn not one but five entries into the tournament.  Killed about an hour playing those (have to wait in line each time) and made my arms sore - you hit the play button over and over while simultaneously watching for balloons to pop up on the screen - you pop those by touching the screen with your other hand.  I didn't place - but I had to stay until 11PM to know I didn't place.

I hit an $850 jackpot earlier in the afternoon and was pretty far ahead.  Lost a little putting some back in the Titanic.  At 9:30PM, I got my car out of valet parking (free!) and charged my phone a bit.  Parked in a space near the top so I could call J. to tell him that either I drive back on Saturday (you have a week to 'claim' the tournament prizes - which are not published anywhere) or stay until 11. Decided I would stay to find out.

I had $2 on my points - so I used that in a slot machine near the tournament area.  First spin - 50 cents and I won 12 free games.  That got me up to $14 and then $8 into that, I hit $65,  Played that for awhile then took the $30 and went to play my new favorite 88 Fortune machine (the one I won on earlier that day).  Didn't win big but won enough to keep going for awhile.  Finally, it was 11 and I went to see if I won - and the boards weren't up - they'd already switched the machines back to 'regular' machines.  So I had to wait in line at the player's booth to find out - and I didn't win the tourney - but had fun trying.  My arms were tired and it felt like a workout in the 4th and 5th rounds.

I enjoyed my VIP status - the buffet was 1/2 off (and will be for the next six months, at least).  I did visit the 'high roller' lounge which I'm now eligible to play in - but it didn't have many machines and the minimums were (obviously) higher - I wasn't interested.  Tried $20 in one of the 2 cent machines in there but didn't win a thing.

It was a nice day and glad to have returned with money above what I took to lose - that gives me the emotional 'ok' to attend some of the upcoming VIP events in a couple weeks!  Something to look forward to!

The drive home was foggy and had a few white knuckle moments - coming into Tracy, the fog was so thick, I couldn't see the freeway exits.  At one point, the freeway lane indicators were all I could see and it felt like I was flying - nothing visible but the signs for a bit.  It was disorienting and I was glad to finally locate the exit and be on the downhill stretch of the drive for home.  Foggy!

Chloe was confused when I arrived home.  I thought she would stay asleep in her kennel but I heard her doing her 'stand up and shake' wake up routine.  Took her out then came back in.  I took my nightly meds, counted my money, and locked up the house.  (The only door locked when I arrived was the sliding door.  Front door unlocked.  Grrr.)  She headed to her food dishes - 'cuz that's our morning routine - and I said 'time for bed'.  She tilted her little head to one side quizzically but then dutifully trotted back to her kennel to burrow in for the (rest of) the night.

OK - today, I am hoping to cook up a storm.  Butternut squash soup and some roasted butternut squash and beets.  (Produce bounty from our farm delivery).  Also thinking I will try to toast the seeds with a little sea salt on them - hear they are like pumpkin seeds.

It's overcast and gloomy again today - day seven, I think.  Had a brief glimmer of sun in Jackson upon arrival which was nice to see - to confirm it does still exist.  There is no evidence of that here in Tracy.  Hasn't been for days.  Not helping my Vitamin D deficiency on bit.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...