Thursday, January 01, 2015

Bartering

Santa brought boxes of Pepperidge Farm cookies to the boys with their stockings.

Santa's helper (me) only bought two boxes of the Classic Favorites 'cuz they were $5 a box at Winco and it just seemed really wrong to spend $20 on four boxes of cookies.  Santa's helper has regretted that decision many times since Christmas morning...though I did manage to sneak more than a few from one box.  I wasn't sure who's it was but was pretty sure I could consider it B.'s.  He's been uber, UBER, impressively careful this trip and he didn't seem to care that his box of cookies made it's way to my side of the study and stayed there.

And then it disappeared.  And I've been sweet-free for a few days.  Until.....

H. just bartered his box to me (via J.) in exchange for Taco Bell for his dinner.  Even with 12 hours sleep, he's feeling 'not well' and confesses he's hungover.

I suggest a big glass of water. And for me, I'd be eating a greasy burger and fries.  But he wants Taco Bell - so his sweet dad is bundling up against the cold and driving to procure tacos and things spicy.

I'm watching a Rehab Addict marathon and catching up on reading blogs I haven't read in years.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...