Sunday, January 11, 2015

He Limps

H. confesses somewhat sheepishly that the 'bad fall' he took on a dirt bike yesterday was actually one of those 'over the handlebars' falls - with him landing on his back.  He can barely move.  He's scratched up on his arms and legs and is so sore, he shuffles to walk.  I lean towards rushing him to the emergency room but of course, it's been 24 hours since the injury and he seems OK.  Just bruised, scabbing and slightly stupid (my opinion). I know it's all good fun, but geez.  The last thing we need is a head injury or broken bone -

I have J. looking into buying travel insurance for their trip (we can within 14 days of paying for the trip) 'cuz I'm terrified he's going to seriously injure himself.  Thus wrecking the trip.

Had a wonderful breakfast with a dear friend yesterday - we've known each other since 1989 and while we don't get together too often, when we do, we just pick right up where we left off.  She's got a lot of fun, exciting things happening in her life and it was fun to swap stories and laugh our heads off.  I need to do that more often.

This will be a busy work week so likely not posting too much.  I am out of the office a fair amount at various meetings and it's a board prep week.  Early to arrive and late to leave will be the likely result.

The days hum by and thankfully, things move quickly.  Most days lately, I think 'I can do this another 10 years'.  Most days....

It's an optimistic Sunday evening - but alarm awakening Monday is just around the corner.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...