Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Space-y

Two mornings in a row find me up early enough to look upward and catch the ISS cruising overhead.  There's always a moment (or two) where every star in the sky appears to be moving.  My inner ears don't appreciate me tilting my head back as far as possible and looking skyward and I stand there vulnerable, cold and slightly nauseous.  Darting here and there convinced it's 'that one'....or 'no, this one'.  Then I'm convinced that I should go out front 'cuz the trees in the backyards (ours and others) are likely blocking my view - but I'm not going to stand out in the middle of my driveway or the sidewalk in my PJ's looking up for minutes on end.

It could end up on the front page of the paper and nothing good ever comes from those photo ops.

THERE - saw it!  Yeah!  Feel like one thing is already crossed off my list - and that will be the easiest accomplishment of all today, for sure.

My meeting free day quickly filled with meetings.  Ugh.  I dislike that when it happens but it happens.

I took the weekend off (entirely) and pronounced that this will be the last weekend off between now and Europe.  I switched around the timing of some things that gave me the chance to have one more weekend to myself - and enjoyed every minute of it.  Even the leisurely WalMart shop for our monthly list of necessities felt like a treat.  Got two new nail colors I love - and am pleased as punch to actually have nails long enough to polish.  Take that, stress!

J. is doing a fantastic job of outlining our daily itinerary for our trip.  He's learning all about public transit in the cities we will visit and ensuring that we make the most of our limited time in each city.  I am psyching up (and somewhat resigning myself) to be completely exhausted but it's OK.  This is a big deal and a trip we plan to make every minute of - so I'm totally up for the challenge.  It will be loads of fun and my hubby is the best travel buddy a girl could ask for.  I can't wait for the trip!!

This has been a remarkably dry winter which is very bad for the water supply.  It's looking like we will be on some sort of water rationing this Spring - snow pack virtually non-existent. We had one really good day of rain and other than that, it's been dry as a bone here.  Very cold (for us) but dry.  We need rain.

Off to work!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...