Wednesday, January 08, 2014

More Random Stuff


  • The last of the Pepperidge Farm cookies I treated us (me, mainly) with for the break are officially gone.  No more treat of a couple (or a few.  OK - four.  Sometimes five.  Jeez. Do we have to be so specific?) and a glass of milk each night.  They are gone.  Tonight, I enjoyed them instead of garlic bread with lasagna - so I don't feel too guilty.
  • There is a shortage of Velveeta....which six months ago wouldn't have even been a link on the news I would read but now?  Thanks to Pioneer Woman's Chili Cheese Dip recipe?  We always have a block of that stuff in the fridge these days 'cuz you never know when you are going to want cheese dip.  
  • We looked for the 'white' version of Velveeta for a holiday version of the dip and had no luck finding it anywhere at any store we checked in.  Bummer.  
  • When we go to Winco next time, we're going to buy another block (or two) to have on hand.  A shortage is not a good thing.
  • I never imagined I would go on and on about Velveeta.  
  • My car radio is tuned to our area's country music station post-B. visit.  I leave it there 'cuz it makes me think of him.  I like some of the songs, even - so I think I'm adding it to the station buttons.  When I need a quick 'B. fix', a country song will do that for me. 
  • J. has church music practice tonight - unexpectedly since they called to ask him to play this Sunday 20 minutes before rehearsal started.  
  • He's also gone tomorrow and Thursday nights.  
  • I'm going to start working on some 'stuff' I lugged home.  I lugged it home last night, too, but Downton Abbey took over and then sleep beckoned.
  • I didn't get in to the office until after 8 (!) this morning - got into other stuff around here and didn't realize how late it was. It was apparently very late for me 'cuz my entire office was abuzz about 'is she OK?  Where is she?'.  I am usually early.  Sometimes not.
  • I was 2 minutes late for a staff meeting also - it started at 8:45 and I lost track of time again once I got in the office and was getting settled. 
  • I am out of the office the remaining mornings this week and 4 mornings next week. January is a heavy 'quarterly' meeting month and boy, howdy, my calendar is a train wreck.  Looks like I'll be doing my massive project list and other general tasks on weekends for awhile.  It's OK.  I knew this would happen.  It happens every year.
  • I haven't seen H. in a couple days 'cuz his work schedule is the opposite of mine.  I hope to see him tomorrow if I cruise home for lunch briefly.  Maybe I will offer to meet him for lunch somewhere if he's awake by then. 
  • The Dawn Power Dissolve soap and the Jet Blue spot preventer under the kitchen sink look remarkably the same.  I know this because I once put Dawn in the Jet Blue dispenser in the dishwasher. Suds Lock over and over and over.  Now, I don't store the two bottles near each other and still double and triple check any time I refill Jet Dry. Dish soap in a dishwasher is not a good thing.
  • I just cleared two empty cans, one empty water bottle, a coffee mug and a tumbler from my husband's desk.  At least I know where the kids get it from.
  • I've been tidying around a bit and Chloe stares at me with her head tilted to the side.  Guess me moving this much isn't the norm?  But it will be.  
  • J. washed the outfit I wore yesterday already - which means I will have to remind myself that I already wore it this week lest I wear it again.  It is a favorite.  I will reach for it as soon as it's back in my closet.  Gotta love a man who has clothes back in the closet in less than 24 hours after they were worn.
  • It's morning now!  Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...