Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Philosopher

Sometimes, I regret that I started blogging so late in my sons lives 'cuz I missed out on recording all the amazing, funny, sweet things they did in their baby days. Then I remember there were a lot of other things in those days that are probably best left not recorded.  So it's all good.

But I want to remember this Facebook post of H.'s so I will record it here for all posterity.

His Facebook status three hours ago (around the time he got home from work):

Sometimes when things get stressful I sit back and think: "you know there's as many as 11 alternate dimensions each with its own unique laws and forces of nature playing out all around us in realms we can't even perceive." And then I immediately find serenity in the insignificance of any of my trials or tribulations.

He is a deep thinker. He really is.  

He's also watching and reading a lot of strange 'alternate dimension' stuff.  But I love that he's curious and inquisitive and questions things.  

I survived the first day back (not too painful other than the getting up part). More kudos to my sweet hubby who got up early with me 'cuz there were some strange animal noises coming from our backyard at 5:15AM yesterday (and one crazy dog ready to go out and make a lot of noise about the ruckus).   Two cats sitting on opposite corners of the fence (a few feet apart) having a discussion.  Low and howly with periodic cries that sounded like a wounded animal.  Or a baby.  I called for reinforcements and J. came down to check it out and shoo them away.  Chloe still went nuts but at least I didn't have to find a hurt animal.  It sure sounded like something was hurt....but cats are like that.  
One meeting today then hitting my project stack hard.  

J. is traveling to Visalia tomorrow for a couple nights - visiting his brother and nieces and connecting with some high school acquaintances.  


Chloe will be kenneled more during the day than she has been in a long time - though I am scheduling lunches at home those two days so I can come home and give her a break. Maybe even take her for a quick walk.

B. made it back to base and had a hard first day back.  He left his mustache unshaved and took a lot of razzing for it.  And their PT was a run in the early morning hours and he almost puked after - hadn't run in a long time and carrying a few extra pounds from the holidays.  Me too.  The extra pounds.  Not the running and almost retching.

Downton Abbey Episode 1 was stellar!  Can't wait for next week's!  I couldn't wait to get home last night to watch it and was so glad J. wanted to watch football so I could watch it in here and savor every moment.  Not that J. wouldn't have been OK with me watching it but he loves football and I love Downton - so it was a win-win of great TV last night for us both.  Just in separate rooms.  

Alright - time to get this show on the road.  


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...