Friday, January 10, 2014

5 Minute Post

Has to be five minutes 'cuz I've enjoyed a leisurely (for me) morning.  Decided to leave for a meeting in Stockton from home vs. getting up super early and going to my office first....but knowing I have more time led to killing time (unloaded dishwasher; emailed traveling hubby a couple times; read more news on Yahoo, etc.) so now I am rushed as can be.  AND I'm not going to McDonald's for my morning tea (Starbucks on the road to the meeting) so I have to do my makeup before leaving, too!

J. has been in Tulare visiting his brother and nieces and returns home today.  Yeah!  I miss that man.

Life with H. has been interesting and I have a pic I will post later of something he invented that looks delicious.  Never mind that the pic I took was me retrieving the half eaten creation from the sink and going 'wow, that looks really yummy'.  So I took a pic.  That's what bloggers do.

I did see the Space Station cruise overhead this morning (5:36AM appearing S disappearing ENE).  I missed it yesterday.  Mornings alone mean I iron my clothes myself (I know! Really, how do I survive?).  I just ran out of time yesterday and totally missed it.  Today, I didn't! Yeah me!

H. had the TV in the family room on last night and I got sucked in to watching War of the Worlds - Tom Cruise (I'm not a fan really) and Dakota Fanning (am a fan of hers).  Surprised that it mildly disturbed me but I watched anyway - even without my big, strong husband around to help me through the scary parts.  Invested two hours in the movie - and thought it just ended with a thud.  Like huh?  All that?  And then this?  I even went to imdb.com to read the plot summary thinking I missed something - but no.  The ending really was that stupid.

OK - that's it.  Time to get moving here 'cuz I need to be on the road in an hour.

Happiest of Fridays to you - I'd shout out yeah to a weekend but I'm working all (ALL) weekend.  Next week is meetings every day out of the office AND it's a board prep week - so that's not going to go well.  Long days ahead and I'd rather get stuff done this weekend so I hopefully won't have to work into late evenings all next week to get stuff wrapped up.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...