Friday, February 01, 2013

The Week

It's Friday!  It's 4:23AM and I've been awake since 2:30!  Shh....let's not tell anyone.  The dog is burrowed into a cave of blankets.  She, so excited for company at 3AM (dancing around so much she made me feel dizzy) has since returned to her 'holy crap, this is early' approach and returned to her 'bed'.  I am inclined to do the same - but can't.  I am heading to the shower shortly and then to my office where I have much to do in a meeting packed day.  I miss the Fridays where no one scheduled meetings - now it's like a 'found' eight plus hours to fill.

Yesterday, our beautiful new, space age sliding door was installed and it is WONDERFUL.  It glides so easily, it sounds like a jet engine 'spinning up'...it's fantastic!  After 12+ years of a door that required all your brute strength to open - going through a can of silicon spray monthly in an attempt to keep it more movable then not (and yet still incurring shoulder and elbow pain after repetitive heave-ho's), it is a miracle of engineering!  Well worth every blooming penny we spent to get it replaced and it is 'finished' much more professionally than the old one was.  J. and I are ecstatic!  Truly!

This morning, I confirmed our soldier was paid for the first time - a nice size deposit in an account that has had no activity for a month.  Glad to see the auto deposit worked and will send B. a note tomorrow confirming he is officially being paid!

Alright, I will publish this before something bad happens and I do something stupid that makes it delete!  I am hoping for an uber-productive Friday (even with all the darn meetings) and looking forward to Super Bowl Sunday.  Go 49ers!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...