Sunday, February 10, 2013

Racing

J. and I walked to Starbucks and took Chloe with us!  This is her with her 'racing ears' - when she's moving fast in a forward direction, they seem to automatically fold back on top of her head.  It's like one of those oddly shaped helmets cyclists where - it's aerodynamic and streamlined.


I also laughed 'cuz J. named the picture 'Chloe Flaps Up' - once a pilot, always a pilot!

She did very well on the walk and even better sitting outside Starbucks getting lots of compliments from people.  And she even socialized with a 5 month old pit bull named Anthrax.  (Why would someone name their dog that?  He was a very cute, very well behaved puppy who is going to be HUGE).  He and Chloe sniffed each other....he was well behaved though I did feel a little like he was kind of looking at her like a snack.  Have you seen the Facebook feeds about 'in the 70's it was German Shepherds....and then it lists other breeds of dogs that were seen as 'dangerous' throughout time...it is a good reminder that dog breeds have cycled through perceptions of 'aggressive' forever...and many pit bulls are well behaved, sweet dogs.

The Starbucks folks were very nice when I asked for a cup of water....they seemed surprised (I was ordering a latte, too, for J. and a bottle of water for me) and I said 'it's for our dog'.  So they got an oatmeal container and put some water in that for her!  I thought that was so sweet of them -

H. drove over to talk for a bit - he could have jumped the fence and walked over from his apartment but the fence has barbed wire on top.  We confirmed that unemployment will greatly assist him in covering his rent so that is a relief - to all of us.  And we are all cautiously optimistic that a guy who is certified on multiple product-moving types of equipment will be employed sooner rather than later.  Maybe even making a little more than he did at his job.

We are still tentatively planning for Cheesecake Factory tomorrow but agreed to touch base in the morning.  He doesn't really want to take the time to shop and the reason I want to go is 'cuz I need to get to Sephora to try a couple items that I don't want to order online until I'm sure of the shade I need. So we'll see.

I tried to take a nap and did sleep a bit -

I was digging around in the office and found some mailing labels so I printed some labels of B.'s address.  It will save time and also ensure I am addressing things correctly without having to always find the letter and triple/quadruple check


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...