Sunday, February 10, 2013

Low Key

No visit from Son #2 and no call from Son #1....6PM on Sundays is always the hardest 'cuz if B. hasn't called by then, I know he won't - and Sunday is the day he usually calls if he's going to call.  Oh well - there's always next week, right?

I was heading to Target and texted H. to see if he needed anything - and he asked for paper plates, bowls, plastic cups and plastic silverware.  I texted back 'no, because I'm not going to buy those things just to save you guys doing dishes - that's a waste of money'.  He said 'I thought it would be less expensive than dishes'.   Then he texted 'J. (his roommate) has dishes already'.  It finally hit me - so I asked him to call me.  Turns out, J. has dishes - but apparently he's not sharing them much.  Or maybe he is but with the two of them and four of things, it doesn't last long.  So J. (my J.) came with me and we got H. a set of Corelle dishes, silverware, drinking glasses and a set of plastic 'mixing' bowls (which he will mostly use for cereal).  And some sodas, granola bars and cereal. So now they will both have plates and glasses to use -

We are watching the Grammy's which I don't really care about....so I'm heading upstairs soon.

Hoping to head to Pleasanton tomorrow - none of us felt like going today.

I was grousing to J. earlier how all week - almost every single morning - I'd have one (or more) of those moments when you pull up the covers and sink into the warmth and coziness and realize you are going into a great sleep - only it's time to get up.  And here it is a weekend, and that hasn't happened once.  Not once!  It sucks...'cuz I love having that feeling and really being able to sleep in!  Pisses me off which is stupidly irrational.  I did sleep in today - which was great....just no 'sinking into warmth and coziness' this morning.  Maybe tomorrow.

I started doing our taxes today - holy crap, we owe a lot.  Really - a lot!  Oh well.  I still have quite a bit to go and it could still change down a bit - but wow!  I think it's good that we've already committed to Cancun (purchased tickets; paid 50% of the rental) 'cuz if we hadn't, I'd be tempted to not spend the  money on the trip - it's that bad.

We might head out for another walk tomorrow afternoon - it was nice yesterday and I'm proud to say, I'm not sore or anything!  I had Jell-o legs for a bit at Starbucks - and yes, I did accept a ride home from H. - but mainly 'cuz I just wanted to get home....


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...