Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Circles

Putting on makeup at zero-dark-five-thirty and the circles around my eyes are so dark, I think 'I must have not taken off my eye makeup last night so I have raccoon eyes this morning'.  I get a Q-tip to remove the offending mascara.

And then I remember that I haven't worn eye makeup since New Years 'cuz I've been coughing, sneezing, wheezing and blowing my nose so much, it's pointless.  My eyes water like crazy, making makeup a waste of time - so I've been skipping it.

Which means the dark circles are from lack of sleep....probably.

I'm going to bed plenty early - I'm just getting up even earlier.  It's like that this week.

And I reminded myself that I can't sleep in on Saturday 'cuz we have a special board meeting that requires my attendance....so only two days of sleeping in, not three.

Never more grateful for the holiday on Monday!

One of the strange things about H. not living here is trying to 'schedule' time to see him.  He says 'I'll stop by later'....and then I'm left with trying to stay awake long enough to see him.  Thankfully, we are planning for him to come tonight - and then we've planned a trip to The Cheesecake Factory on Sunday for lunch!  We'll do some shopping in the big mall, have a nice meal and enjoy some parent/son time together!

It's odd having to 'make dates' with him - but then it's kind of nice, too.  He misses us - which is even sweeter since he's two miles away.

OK - it's just past six and I am ready to go!  Long day ahead...even longer 'cuz my boss and I have a meeting wherein I relay information that is probably not going to make him happy.  Our budget next year is a tricky conundrum...and my 'answers' are not all that 'good' for us as a district.  Still, they are what they are and we will figure it out.  We always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Circles...

18th century astronomer William Herschel believed that circles on the moon were evidence of intelligent life.

So there is that. :-)

-J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...