Friday, February 08, 2013

Buzzing

At some point yesterday, my nose - way, way up in my nose - started sorted of 'humming' when I talked...like there was congestion and it was just a 'hum'...hard to describe and felt so weird.  And then a pounding headache for a few hours...

Some time in the night, the congestion that was obvious ('cuz I could not breath through my nose at all) moved south and landed - you guessed it - in my chest.  Crap!  So I've spent an uber busy day feeling like crud AGAIN.  Holy Crap....grateful for a long weekend though I have a board meeting at 8AM so that makes tomorrow sort of a work day.  If you have to set an alarm to ensure your timely arrival somewhere, it's work!

J. headed to San Fran for a retirement workshop - it was free and gave him a chance to get out of the house.  Said he picked up some tips on finding organizations to volunteer for, etc..  Chloe was kenneled all day which is rare these days - so I headed home around 2PM to give her a potty break...and then went to get the mail.  Scanned the mail quickly and thought 'no letter from B.'....and then, there it was! What a great letter!  They are in 'white' phase now which mainly means they lighten up a bit on the yelling and screaming while still making it clear they think the recruits are scum.  B. seems amused by it all and 'gets' that it's just their job.  His military friends really helped with that, I think - letting him know to expect to made to feel like a POS - that's what Basic Training is supposed to be.

I was thrilled to read that on Sundays, they are just 'cleaning' that day - and he's been going to church with a group of guys 'to give my mind a rest'.  So glad he is doing that 'cuz we knew they do allow them time to attend services and were going to suggest that he do that just for a 'break' but then decided not to inquire.  And he's going on his own.  Glad for him - down time is important.  (And I secretly think 'and if a little faith seeps in while he's there, all the better').

On the verge of a three day weekend - even with the board meeting tomorrow, it will still be nice.

That's it for now - so glad to hear from B. - it really makes my day.  I've written a letter back that I will put in the mail tomorrow.  He wrote us on the evening of 2/5 and it arrived today - so it's only taking about 2 days for us to receive which is GREAT!  Hoping he's getting ours as fast.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...