Sunday, February 03, 2013

Super Not

The game is slow torture...hoping the power surge that knocked out power to the Super Dome in New Orleans is God's way of telling the 49ers to get their shit together.  Seriously.

The crab dip is yummy.  The chicken wings are, too.  We ordered at 1:30 and they were 'ready' at 4.  Yikes!  Next year we will call earlier.  Wing Stop had every single employee they have there and they were still behind!  My order was called in at 1:30 and I was told 3:45 pickup - they were ready at 4 after the person at the register gave them my ticket from a stack and said 'please cook these - she's here'.  Hmmm....maybe next year, I'll go in and order, then go grocery shopping and run other errands.

I sent H. a text at noon asking 'are you up'?  He replied a few minutes later that he was.  I found out when I got home (I went to my office for a couple hours) that he and his roommate were out at a 'bonfire' party (in the Delta) until 5AM.  The joy of being on your own - you can stay out all night.  He came by to pick up some stuff and J. stopped by there briefly to help with their Internet connection.  When he texted me, it was to say 'hey, I need deodorant'.  I resisted saying 'so go buy some'...and instead said 'check your bathroom cupboard here at the house when you are here.  I think there's some there'.

As a joke, J. sent H. a text saying 'where were you all night?  Oh....you don't live here anymore.  JK (just kidding).

It is weird not having him home....very strange....

We're expecting him any minute to scavenge dinner.  We have wings and crab dip - I'm sure he'll eat the wings.  Probably not the dip.

I'm also roasting butternut squash and some farm-fresh small fingerling potatoes for later/tomorrow.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...