Monday, March 05, 2012

Sleep

I have been up for an hour. In five minutes, it will be 4:30 which is when I set the alarm to go off. I was wide awake at 3 and ruminating about a variety of things and getting up just seemed the best approach. I was wrong. What was I thinking? I would give anything to go back upstairs and go back to sleep for four hours - but that can't happen...because it's Monday. Officially the start of another work week. My calendar is relatively clear today and the urge to phone in 'off' and go back to bed is strong - but I won't. I have a lot to do....and one meeting that would be impossible to reschedule. So in I will go -

Working for a living sucks.

I'm hopeful I will leave at 3ish or so today - given that I will be in the office uber-early. Heading upstairs to shower shortly - navigating the trail of 'Two Boys in a Bathroom' that ensued all weekend while I showered in our bathroom. Lord only knows what I will find after two days of a 'mom-free' room.

H. worked diligently all weekend - and in a moment of creativity, re-arranged his entire bedroom. I like it except that he put the bed in the corner where his closet is so now he can only access the closet through one sliding door instead of two. Oh well....he pretty much uses the floor of the closet as a laundry hamper and not much else and that side, he can still access. It looks good - and he even cleaned the baseboards. (He knows his mom is a sucker for immaculate baseboards. The kid can't make himself a sandwich but boy, howdy! does he know how to clean near the floor!).

And he did make himself Ramen noodles on Saturday - the first thing I've ever witnessed him 'cooking' in his 18 3/4 years! He knew where to find a small saucepan to cook the noodles in!

J. has two nights of work commitments this week (Monday and Wednesday) and we are hoping to have the first construction guy come by to give us ideas for the pantry. And an estimate on other stuff we hope to get done.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...