Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Hacked

Hacked.....such a strong word....so many nuances....

I'm majorly hacked off at Zynga at the moment. But within that is a fair amount of just being hacked off at myself... So I'm tamping those feelings down for now and moving on. Lesson learned.

My Facebook account was hacked yesterday around noon our time - something I discovered when I came home for lunch (very rare thing these days - but I need the mid-day break more than I need Starbucks [so that should tell you a little something about how things are going this week]) - and there was an email in my personal email box advising me that Facebook had someone attempt to log in on my account from a place 'you have never logged in from before'. Um....Indonesia! Yes, really - I went to Facebook (not via the email link in case that was a scam) and up popped an alert advising me my account was blocked and a little map confirmed the login attempt was from Indonesia. Yep, correct! Never been there. Wasn't me. That prompted a change of the password I frequently use and have used for over 20 years - it's pretty bullet proof (or was until yesterday).

So I've had to go into bank accounts, credit accounts, etc. and change all those passwords, too....just to be safe. Or less nervous that I'm not safe.

Our household budget feels out of control and I realize periodically that we have someone on our personal payroll - and that's expensive! The tile grout in the family room is looking extraordinary - but paying that young man his hourly wage daily is really tripping us up in the pocket book. Thank goodness there's a limited amount of tile...in that room. Then he can move to the other areas of the house tiled with the same tile and same grout. I might need a bank loan. Ha ha ha....

It is freezing in here - below 60 degrees - but see above paragraph which will explain why I would rather sit here and shiver than turn on the heat! And that sort of hacks me off - personal comfort is too much to give up for clean tile grout, people!

A warm shower and another triple-shot vanilla latte should do the trick. Then it's off to work for a long day of one meeting after another....and board prep as an extra bonus!

OH! And last night, J. reminded me that this is the weekend we lose an hour of sleep - and that hacks me off, too! I despise the 'Spring ahead' weekend with every ounce of my being. It is my least favorite Monday of any other Monday - and we all know how I feel about Mondays! The only good thing about it is I plan to work Sunday ('cuz we have plans with friends on Saturday - hey, we have a life! What's that?) so I will be working one less hour than I would otherwise! One less hour in the day!

The font on this draft mode just turned incredibly small and I can't figure out how to enlarge it - so this post is done. I can't see what I'm writing and we all know that with the title 'Hacked', that won't be a good thing.....

UPDATE: I opened the bag from JC Penney - four new pairs of pants. Only they aren't my pants. It's two pants and two skorts in a size I haven't worn in 15 years! All the paperwork is my order - but the actual merchandise is definitely not. Had to scramble for 'Plan B' since I'm making a presentation today in front of parents....want to look my best. Argh! Another weekend errand - to return. And then do I reorder or just give up?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...