Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Update

I almost didn't mention my eating changes this morning - I don't want to 'jinx' anything. And I especially hesitated because last night, I really, really was tempted to eat crap. But I didn't.

I went to lunch today with a vendor I work with. It was a nice social thing with a nice person who has helped our district a lot. It was my personal thank you to her - no district funds used. We went to a nice place that I absolutely love - and my go-to meal there has always been Pasta Carbonara. It is TO DIE FOR. It was hard to choose that place and know that I wouldn't be eating that dish. But it is the nicest lunch place around...

And I did enjoy fried calamari - and a Caesar salad. And (this is the most amazing part): when the basket of fresh baked bread and butter arrived (another former 'must have it; can't resist it' temptation), I didn't have any. And (well, THIS is the REALLY TRULY MOST AMAZING PART): I didn't want any. Didn't crave it a single bit. Not even when the person I was lunching with had some. Still not interested.

The calamari was excellent and delicious and the Caesar salad was divine.

My one treat - only one - was one homemade delectable crouton. It was great - but that was a small deviation from my plan. And I didn't order creme brulee either for dessert...and I didn't want to.

I am really proud of myself - and really glad and thrilled to realize that once you stop eating the stuff that tempts you, you get over wanting it so much. And that motivates me to continue to not eat any of those things - 'cuz I don't want to go back to where it was hard (impossible) to not eat that stuff all the time. And even more: if I wasn't eating it, I was craving it like crazy....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...