Monday, March 05, 2012

Zynga!

And another thing! - two posts in one morning.....I'm patting myself on the back! Not really 'cuz I'm older and that kind of motion hurts.

J. and I are looking to 'dabble' in the stock market a little....

When Zynga had their IPO not long ago, we were poised to jump in and buy some stock. Again, not a lot of stock - but some.

I didn't. Their IPO coincided with a point where I was playing their games and getting more and more irritated every day. Things weren't working right - complaints resulted in emails back that they were 'working on it'. Argh! I was so pissed off -

I remind myself daily when I see people posting their frustrations on Facebook that these are just games! Not real life. Nothing earth shattering happening. No lives lost. No reason for angst. It's just games. It is irritating when things don't work right - but oh well, right? It's A GAME, PEOPLE!

But all that heightened angst made me think twice about investing in a company that is looking to increase their income by having people spend money to play. And when people are pissed off at a company, they won't spend money to play.

So our small investment sits in our account waiting to see - we have not invested yet. Not sure if we will.

But this morning, I am declaring publicly that I will no longer participate in any missions/goals/tasks that are timed. I'm done. It is clear and obvious to me that Zynga is structuring those 'adventures' in a way that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to complete without spending money - and while I've done that (yes, I am sad to admit) - I will not do that anymore. I am done with timed stuff. I'm going to play my games for 'fun' and find other ways to amuse myself and those damn tasks bars that show the tasks to accomplish will just stay there and torment me - 'cuz if they are timed, I will not participate.

I don't care what super-duper prize is being offered to entice us to get ourselves 'wrapped up' in completing the goals within the time allowed - I'm not doing it!

And because I'm a Zynga 'customer' and it's really pissing me off to have worked 11 days on something that I see now I have no possible hope of finishing without spending cash, I won't invest in their company. I would happily use game currency here and there to finish tasks I'm having trouble completing....like paying 4 currency to give myself credit for an item that I can't get one more person to send me....but I'm not going to complete missions that would require spending over $100 in REAL CASH to buy enough game currency to finish within the time limit. You can't make 100's of something that takes 24 hours to make in a day. It can't be done. Not with only 59 stoves.

Zynga makes me feel stupid - to have not realized five days ago that I was setting myself up to be majorly disappointed. Who wants to invest in a company that makes their customers feel stupid?

It's close to 5 now - so I really am heading up to get dressed....feeling very sleepy.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...