Sunday, February 19, 2012

To the Mall

My iPhone has been acting up for several months....the receiver appeared to be 'bad'. It worked perfectly if it was 'synced' to my car - the car receiver works perfectly because it's going through the sound system/speakers of the car. But if I used it as a hand held, I couldn't hear anyone. If I made calls, they could hear me but then couldn't figure out why I wasn't responding. If I received calls, the phone would pick up but then I couldn't hear at all so I would just hang up. We thought at first it might be related to the Sync function - but a couple months of fiddling with it didn't resolve the issue. Last weekend, J. spent time on the phone with Apple tech support and they weren't able to help either - so we made an appointment at our 'local' Apple store - 12:40 yesterday afternoon. We turned the trek over the Altamont into a date -

We had a wonderful lunch at PF Chang's. Ordered lettuce wraps and crab wontons as appetizers and then had the small lunch special - and the appetizers were so delicious that I had no room for the lunch - so we brought leftovers home.

We were there a little early so I went to Sephora and J. went to 'The Art of Shaving' where he quickly decided that for Father's Day, he wants to go back and get 'the works'. A shave and a haircut - from an old fashioned 'barber' style salon.

The Apple Store can only be described as organized chaos. Always, always so incredibly busy and even with an appointment, it still felt crazy. But a wonderful 'genius' (that's what they call the staff who help with repairs, etc.) assisted me in moving all my photos off the phone (sent them to myself via email) and then we cleared the phone. Another tech guy helped our tech guy decide that running the diagnostics wasn't really worth it because 95% of the time, the issue is a hardware issue - so I left the store with a new phone! Complete with the latest iPhone operating system so now I am backing up to The Cloud nightly! No charge! Still under warranty! We headed home and quickly and easily put all my apps and stuff back on the phone through the iTunes hook up. And once again, I am so impressed with technology - it is amazing how things are so simple in so many ways. I personally think H. should get trained in the Apple tech stuff 'cuz those skills will be so marketable in the future....amazing things in that store.

J. is at church this morning and I am heading upstairs to get dressed and out the door to my office where I will have the day 'to myself' to work on things that require concentration. Two four day weeks in a row are lovely but that day 'lost' ends up making it feel like what it is - five plus days of worked crammed into four. Especially because I am trying really, really hard to not work too much on the weekends. Today will be the first day I've worked (enough to count as a work day, anyway) in a couple months. Which feels good only technically, not...'cuz the less I work, the more behind I feel. Hence today where I just give up and decide to work basically a day. Oh well.

I hear movement upstairs so someone is up. Dog is snoozing on the floor behind me. It's Sunday and once again, looking forward to also being off tomorrow. At the very least, sleeping in three days in a row is incredibly rejuvenating. And I can use all the rejuvenation I can get.

B. is off work an additional two weeks - on disability which we hope will result in him receiving some funds. His ankle/foot is improved (they are not as deeply purple as they have been) and he is putting weight on it - but it is still pretty swollen. So our doctor ordered an MRI and kept him off work. Considering his entire job is being on his feet - helping customers, cleaning, etc. - it is better to keep him off. He can get around more easily - but being on his foot for an eight hour shift would not work - just hoping disability pays him something.

Shower stopped so it's my turn. Waiting a bit for more hot water to heat up. Boys take the longest showers EVER.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...