Sunday, February 05, 2012

Micro

One nice thing about having a 21 year old in the house? He's really enjoying trying different beers - and consequently, so are we! Even J. said tonight 'I think I'm starting to like beer'. The most recent stellar brew is Barrel Trolley Amber Ale. OMG - it is DELICIOUS. I gave B. the OK to use his Discover card for a couple more six packs and I will pay for them. Did I mention he has a Discover Card? He's had it a few months and so far, he uses it for things that we agree to pay for - hair cuts, toiletries, some food, etc. It's working out well for him - he's establishing a stellar payment record (granted, they are very small balances) because the card is paid in full each month (by his parents). It's a good start to what we hope will help him have decent credit when he comes home from the army. Whenever that may be.
No, we don't have a date yet. Still waiting.

It's Super Bowl Sunday which translates into chips and dip, homemade chili (it was such a hit last time I made it, I'm making it again and adding bread bowls), broccoli cheese soup (also in bread bowls and only because we have it on hand and are attempting to eat what's here). Strawberry oat bars for dessert and/or breakfast tomorrow.

J. and I divided and conquered our errands. He dropped me off at WinCo while he went to Costco. We were done and home and unloading by 1PM.

Next weekend is a three day weekend - and I'm looking forward to it. I worked my first full Friday in a month last week and it was sort of hard. I survived.

I finished the second book of the Hunger Games series - and it was as amazing as the first. Now onto the third, which I am sort of afraid to start. Mostly because I know once I start, I won't be able to stop reading - and then it will be over - and that feels terrible. Like Harry Potter, they are just so great - I don't want the story to end.

Monday will be here soon....I feel the need for a nap (and no, it's not the beer - I felt that way before the beer and now I DEFINITELY wish I could nap) but I'm not going to. Having enough trouble sleeping these days without sleeping during the afternoon - especially this late.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...