Sunday, February 26, 2012

Squeeze

Observations on life....

Why is there never a sale on Farmville cash when I need Farmville cash? I don't mind paying for the game currencies on Zynga - but I always, ALWAYS buy it when it's on sale. FV hasn't had a sale in forever....and I am out. Argh!

Last night, we went to the new Squeeze Inn that just opened. I have a picture on my cell phone of the absolutely magnificent Squeeze Burger with Cheese. The cheese is a 'cheese skirt' and they are famous for it. Ever accidentally spill grated cheese on a griddle and let it cook into a scrumptious melted cheese 'coin'? I used to call them 'skittles' - and they didn't happen often 'cuz who would ever think of grilling cheese? Just cheese? But that's what the cheese skirt is on this burger - a giant 'skirt' of cheese that extends well past the bun to form a skirt around the burger. I savored every bite of that crispy, melted cheese and then finally got to the burger - just as delicious! It was yummy!! A nice treat - definitely not something I could eat every day. So..I have a picture but I've emailed it to myself and to J. several times and it isn't coming through our emails. Darn it! 'cuz a description via words doesn't do it justice.

Yesterday, J. and I did our annual torture session of finalizing our taxes. Entering our donated 'items' onto the It'sDeductible site and then importing it into our tax software. We finally finished and viola! This year, what we owe to the feds, we are getting back from the state! So for the first time in YEARS, we are breaking even! It's a miracle. I'm so excited!! We're still going to wait until April to file - and will triple/quadruple check before we submit. But boy, what a relief!

I culled out the pantry a bit today and thought to myself 'I could save us the expense of having this redone if I would just take a half hour every week to cull/tidy/organize and inventory what's there'. So that's my 'new' goal - keep it tidy and organized and not over-full and then perhaps we won't spend $2-3K to have it ripped out and redone? We'll see.

I am heading to my office for a couple of hours - not too many meetings this week but there are parts of a major report that are better done in quiet and solitude with no interruptions - so that's what I plan to do.

It's another absolutely gorgeous day outside. Watched two doves on the fence this morning 'grooming' each other. Sweetest things. Heard them cooing to each other...also sweet. Spring is so close....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...