Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pressure

One word: Pinterest.

Have you tried it? Follow anyone? I did. And now I do.

But even worse than that?

People are following me.

I am not creating any new ideas. I look at some of the remarkable things people 'pin' on their boards - things they or others have come up with....and I just marvel.

Tic Tac boxes for ribbon holders. Brilliant! Take toilet paper rolls and slit down the tube and then use it as a 'clip' for wrapping paper. Also brilliant!

It's too much pressure to get emails all day telling me 'so and so is now following you on Pinterst'. Yikes. Too much responsibility for a non-creative type like me.

It is great fun and I've found really clever ideas and great recipes. And a possible solution for our awkward corner pantry dilemma - have the guy install giant lazy suzans on each and every shelf. Use the unused side spaces for other storage but store the bulk of the items on the turntables. It's brilliant and just might be the solution to our 'what in the world can we do to the pantry to make it more usable' question.

Sidenote: we joined Angie's list to help find the businesses that can help us with our house projects. The fence guy was a good choice.

We are also looking to get additional insulation in the garage ceiling. The insulation company we called today tried to convince J. that we most likely had adequate insulation. He is so wrong. Ever watch 'Holmes on Homes'? In virtually every house he visits, homes with rooms over the garage are almost always seriously lacking insulation. Given the other things our builder has taken short cuts with - and given that you can walk through our garage in the summer and feel the AC from above or walk through in the winter and feel the heat from above - we are positive we need more insulation. They 'finished' the garage without doing much (if any) insulating. But the guy didn't want to come out. So now I have to decide. Do I leave a comment - mainly just mentioning that he didn't seem to want to come out as far as Tracy and instead, tried to convince us our insulation was adequate? 'Cuz that's how Angie's List works - the more reviews you get, the more likely a search will result in your business being listed. And then the good/bad reviews create a 'grade' - so others will see how they did. It's another sort of 'pressure' thing....do we leave a so-so comment on the guy who really just didn't want to come out to Tracy?

And in the mean time, we're still looking for someone who can come check the insulation to see if it really is enough. I mean, at the very least, if we were willing to pay for a 'service call' to have it checked out, shouldn't the guy come out?

And my final 'pressure' themed subject is: my sinuses are a mess. I washed my face in the shower this morning and literally can't touch my face without it hurting. My eyes are sore. My teeth hurt. Time for Claritin!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...