Sunday, February 12, 2012

Taxing

Decided to spend the day getting started on our taxes....might as well know the damage well in advance of when we will have to write the check.

Unlike last year, we appear to have avoided AMT - and so far, we owe to the feds about what we'll get back from the state. This is a rare, rare year where it appears we will not be writing a huge check to the IRS! I'm giddy with relief!

And the best part is we still have tomorrow off! Love when we're getting stuff done and there's still another day of the weekend....it's such a great feeling!

I also perused the Park Seed catalog and am planning an order to update the flower beds in front and back. We are going to use brown bark as a ground cover - less maintenance and it looks nice....but J. and I both agree that we enjoy having pretty color 'pops' in the beds so I'm looking at what we might try this year. Looking for things that are low maintenance and 'free-flowing' - pretty yellows, blues and purples to 'pop' in the beds. Should be fun! I love Park Seed! and love looking forward to spring.

The tax savings has me longing for the beach in Playa....but alas, this year is not a summer I can be away from the office for that many days. Maybe J. and I will be able to take a trip in the fall to Europe. That's a nice dream and goal to start planning for. I'm determined we should travel a bit BEFORE he retires - makes the expenses easier to handle when there are still paychecks coming in to offset. I know once he's not bringing in a paycheck, my 'Nervous Nellie' will take over and I won't want to spend a dime on anything 'fun'.

A leisurely Sunday and still Monday to go!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...