Friday, September 09, 2011

Relieved

to read on Yahoo this morning that my car (Mercury Mariner) is one of the top ten cars thieves don't want - so that's a relief! It's alarmed to the hilt and beeps more than the Lost in Space robot - but good to know it's not likely anyone will ever test the effectiveness of those alarms. Except me when I set them off periodically by closing a back seat door after I've already locked the car. It doesn't like that. (If there's stuff on my backseat and I open that door, then lock the car with the key button and close the back door, the alarm will go off. And while I can describe to you when it happens and why it happens, I keep making it happen - so clearly, I don't learn. At least not about car alarms.)

Bill Maher said on a show not too long ago 'no one wakes up in the morning and says "I want a Mercury". People who drive Mercury's know someone who sells them'. He's right - that's why we bought ours.

It's three years old officially and it just turned to 30K miles yesterday. The car may last longer than me.

I'm posting about my car because it's just after 5AM and I have to get to my office pronto - and I left there at 8 last night. Meetings today. Did I mention that in addition to having quite possibly the busiest first four weeks of school ever we are also converting to a new finance/payroll/HR system this year? I'm trying not to stress about it - but I'm stressed about it.

More later. I'm becoming one of those blogs that aren't updated. And there's so much to write. Hopefully this weekend I can produce some memories on paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand ain't nobody wrote a song that says, "Gonna buy me a Nissan and cruise it up and down the road."

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...