Monday, September 12, 2011

Lull

I am in a lull...which according to Merriam-Webster is defined as 'a temporary pause or decline in activity'. That's not how I would describe it but that's the definition.

Lulls can be wonderful - who doesn't want to temporarily pause or decline activity?

My lulls aren't like that. They are not just pauses - they're more like gulfs. Or abysses. Which isn't a word - I just looked. There is no plural for abyss. Why?

And starting a Monday with a post that requires too many Merriam Webster inquiries may not be optimal.

I am not sleeping well/much. I was wide awake at 3AM this morning so I got up - 'cuz staying in bed torturing myself about not sleeping isn't any more healthy than not sleeping. And getting up so early will result in tonight being a better night's sleep. God willing.

Another long week looms and I'm starting to hate that every week is a long week. And I don't usually feel that way about my work. I really don't.

So whatever this lull or abyss is, I hope it abates soon. The positive, 'can-do' Majah needs to return to the building ASAP -

The one who's here now typing this will need a nap in about 8 hours and will be unable to take one because she'll be working....

The cat is crying - his deep throaty meow.... searching for company and entertainment.

I know just how he feels.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...