Friday, September 23, 2011

All My Children

I am so sorry to see this amazing soap end it's 41 year run. I've watched from my very early teen years - so pretty darn close to 'from the beginning'. (It's a little hard to admit that - this getting older is sure hard to fathom at times). True, it moved slowly at times. And I haven't watched regularly in years - couldn't keep up with taping it in the 'good old days' of VCRs. Never had time to watch the five hours of taped episodes each week so just gave up.

But if I have a day off or am home and happen to notice it's noon, I still turn it on.

And I'm really going to miss doing that.

What's the point of (yet another) totally stupid talk show? "The Chew"? Really?

Shame on the network for wrapping it up. Legions of loyal fans are really pissed off....and when I'm home at noon on a weekday, I will most definitely NOT be tuning in.

And they also cancelled One Life to Live which I have also watched for most of my life.

I read that One Life to Live will continue episodes via the internet? Hoping AMC will, too.

Good day at work today - busy. I have four pages of 'to do's' but the neat thing about having that many is I get to see steady progress. I like to highlight things when they're done - so it's fun to see the multi-colored highlights all over the pages as my week progresses. The colors don't mean anything - I just use whatever highlighter is available -

We have a new water softener - and J. opened a Sears account for 12 months interest free! So I can just pay monthly instead of taking money out of savings.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...