Monday, August 29, 2011

Dinner?

What I planned takes just too much effort....it's been a long, long Monday and this Majah is tuckered out! It's hot! I don't want to cook.

I peruse the freezer and find some leftover Pasta Carbonara, sweet potato gnocchi (Trader Joe's! Yum!). That's great. I start defrosting/cooking via the microwave.

H. calls to check in and asks what's for dinner.

I hadn't really expected him for dinner....he's never home for dinner. He eats when he gets home later in the evening. So I told him I wasn't sure - it was a freezer smorgasbord tonight.

I hang up the phone. J. can have some of the pasta and gnocchi. H. can have the majority of the pasta. B. made himself a sandwich before he left for work. So that just leaves me.

I peruse the freezer again. What else is there?

I did the only thing a mother can do - I put the needs of my family first and made sure they had enough to eat. I looked and looked and looked.....

I ate a caramel nut roll that was hidden in the back - they were 2 for 1 a couple weeks ago so I hid one. Heated it briefly in the microwave and consumed it quickly. With milk.

I'd rather eat that than risk my family going hungry. No sacrifice is too great.

Three things out of the freezer. It's a win-win!

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A win-win, indeed!

J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...