Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Survived

Well, it's over and I survived. The procedure didn't start until close to 1PM (42+ hours with no food) and I recall (vaguely) waking in the recovery room around 2:30 - very, VERY groggy and hazy. J. got me in the car, went to KFC for chicken strips and mashed potatoes (still on a 'soft' diet since they removed polyps from my stomach (not expecting that at all so will see what that means). I ate my food, drank my Coke and slept until well into the evening. Woke up thirsty and J. brought me a drink - and I went back to bed and slept all night. Woke up feeling sore - not sure how much is from being in bed that long....

My throat hurts and I know I gagged a lot when they did that scope. They spritzed my throat with numbing solution - and I remember thinking 'that wasn't very much and it didn't coat the right side of my throat very well'. And then I remember starting to gag and the nurse telling me 'stop, Majah...stop'. Uh, yeah - well, if I could have, I would have and a person doesn't choose to gag. It just happens. They finished and moved to the other procedure which went fine - no polyps which is great!

So my throat is killing me and I'm still a bit 'off' but I'm dressed and heading into work shortly. It's a board meeting day which will be a long one - but I don't want to be home when I'm reasonably sure I can work. (Though as J. fills me in on the happenings around here and I can barely focus or retain anything he says, I wonder....) If I feel 'loopy', I'll just come home and return for the meeting this evening. It's worth a try.

Both boys start school tomorrow - B. actually found and registered for a couple classes all on his own - two classes that he needs. I'm really glad he made the effort to get those classes - might get two more towards his A.A. degree done before Christmas. It's good he's attempting to make progress 'cuz at the moment, I don't think enlisting is in his future. He's a long way from being ready for that....

The cleaning crew comes today and J. asked (very sweetly) if I would have time to take a try at tidying up 'my area' of the study. I said 'put police tape around it'. :-) Yes, I will try....but it's hopeless....

Later, friends. Time to get moving.

1 comment:

organize_crime said...

Get well soon, Majah!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...