Sunday, August 14, 2011

Roughin' It

H. phoned home yesterday briefly and talked to J. Seems he was looking for a reason he 'needed' to be home today vs. spending another night in the wild. Before I headed out to work on Friday morning, I suggested a bet to J. $20 they'd be home on Sunday instead of Monday - J. refused to take the bet. And sure enough, I got up from my attempt to take a nap (and couldn't because my stomach was hungry and my head hurt) and H. came in to say 'hi'. They came home a day early and dropped R. off at his home in Roseville.

H. may be the spitting image of his dad but he's more like his mama than he knows. He likes a firm mattress, a roof over his head and prefers to take care of bodily functions in the comfort of a heated/cooled bathroom with hot and cold running water. He survived and did have enthusiastic adventure tales - but I know he's glad to be home.

I was sort of hoping they would be gone through tomorrow 'cuz I'm at 25 hours with no food and I'm a cranky byotch. I admit it. I have a raging headache which I know will only get worse. And I've taken all the 'stuff' I'm supposed to take and am still waiting for the 'clean out' to begin. Guess that's the one ok thing about a late(r) appointment - at least I can sleep in a bit in the morning.

J. is at church meeting with the new music director. I've been keeping busy doing little stuff - anything to keep my mind off food. I can't even stand to play Cafe World 'cuz everything I cook sounds luscious.

I did have lemon Jello and it was DELICIOUS!

I worked today - went in to clean my desk and bring work home because the finance system was supposed to be down. But it was up and running so I took advantage of that and got a lot more done. Feel pretty good about the status of things. It also helped to keep my mind off eating....

This time tomorrow, I will have enjoyed an In & Out cheeseburger, well-done fries and a sugar filled REGULAR coke!

You've got to treat yourself after 36 hours with no food!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...