Saturday, August 27, 2011

Food Network

I am glued to the TV this morning watching The Pioneer Woman's new show on Food Network. She was just on the Paula Dean show and now it's her show! I've been looking forward to adding another food show to my list of favorites!

I woke up this morning bright-eyed and raring to go - pretty early but still slept in a bit. Was wishing I could tidy up and clean the kitchen. Didn't, 'cuz that would have woken up J. .

I made a list of errands to run today - and this morning, realized 'I don't want to do that'. If I drive all the way to Livermore to spend the $16 of August Bucks I got in the spring, I'll be spending a lot of gasoline $ to go spend $16. And I know I won't just spend $16. I will spend way more than that, using the rationale 'I don't get to Alden Lane very often'. So I'm staying on this side of the hill. I do need to go get a few things and I'm going to 'treat' myself to a Target trip. I don't shop there much - it's easier to resist 'stuff' at WalMart - but it's a Target kind of day. Get an iced tea at Starbucks and pick up the few household things we need. Then come home and work around the house before getting my hair cut this afternoon.

It's a great 'piddle around' kind of day and I haven't had one of those in ages.

Does anyone else think it's kind of silly for all the reporters to be demonstrating the power of Hurricane Irene by standing outside in the middle of it while being filmed doing that? Isn't it a tad ridiculous to tell people it's hugely dangerous while standing there risking your life and the life of your film crew? Huh?? I don't get it. The storm is the size of Europe and it's hitting a lot of highly populated land - pretty 'rare' as hurricanes go. So I hope my East coast friends and family are safe - and staying inside.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...