Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bad Poetry

A friend gave me a book - "B is for Bad Poetry" by Pamela August Russell. I am enjoying it....

So today, because I am pressed for time (it is just after 6AM, I've been up two hours and feel 'late for work' which is sort of ridiculous but I can't help it), I'm sharing a few favorites with you.

They will illustrate my current mind set. Be warned.

THE JANIS JOPLIN OF IT ALL
We tried.
We even tried
just a little bit harder.
It's not working.

(This sums up perfectly how I want to reply every time my boss asks me 'how's it going? And yes, I keep trying.


ILLUMINATION HANDYMAN

The light at the end of the tunnel
needs to be replaced.

and lastly, this gem:


RELATIVITY THEORY FOR A MELANCHOLY GAL

Some days go by
like elephants.
Other days go by
like elephants
with water retention
and bloating.

That last one makes me smile and giggle out loud every time. Because it's so true.

Here's to just a regular, like-an-elephant passing day. With no water retention and/or bloating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And no hot flashes! :-)

Luv,
J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...