Friday, December 31, 2010

Elderly?

I got an envelope today from Sunset magazine with a 'Special Offer for Senior Citizens' on it. WTF? Sorry - but when did fifty become 'Senior'? I thought 'it must be intended for J.'...but no, it was just addressed to me.

Might be a bit sensitive since I'm wearing my first EVER under wire bra - and have to admit that it has moved some flesh upward which is much needed - so now I'm an 'under wire bra' lady as well. This bra is the first under wire I've ever worn and it's pretty comfortable - so perhaps I can handle the 'lift and separate' action provided. I must admit I certainly need it.

Also, I finally got a hair cut earlier this week - and could not BELIEVE the amount of gray hair falling as she trimmed. Later that day, I stood for a LONG time in the hair color section, considering covering my gray but wanting to stick as much as I could to my 'normal' color. The selection was too much - and I had J. with me - and I gave up. Deciding to stick with my current 'gray at the temples' and 'gray hairs sticking out all over the place' look. It's working, so far.

We have appetizers in the oven - just for us! It will be a casual 'appetizers for dinner' kind of evening, with some beverages along the way....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...