Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sticky Notes

Progressing closer to the end of the 2010 Winter Break...I'm finding it hard to come to grips with the return to 'normal' days of work, work, work. Technically, I had planned to work a couple days this break - and still will - but have put off that time until the very end. Hmmmm......I've been frustrated by H. putting off a lot of his work until this week - but it appears he comes by the procrastination trend via genetics.

We've been enjoying a nice time at home. Getting stuff done, little by little. A lot of down time which involves doing not much of anything....and that's been really nice.

One of the neat things my new computer has is a 'sticky note' program that lets you post notes on the screen. I've had a running to do list all week and have accomplished things little by little. I love the lists that help me keep track of things - big and small - that need to be done. My only regret is that once you've completed a task, you just have to delete it. I'd love to line through them or highlight them (I highlight completed items on my to-do list - I have for years. It's so fun to 'see' all the yellow or purple highlights and realize how much I've done). I just have to delete things as I finish and keep adding new things as they come up. It's also great for grocery lists, etc.

Four days remaining. Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt what has been impossible: getting up before 8AM. I need to get back in the 'groove' of going to bed earlier and getting up earlier so Monday morning won't be such a shock.

Then again.......

See you in the morning. May be 7AM. May not be.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...