Monday, December 20, 2010

Casa O

We're heading to Casa Orozco in Livermore - a favorite Mexican food place that we save for very special occasions. We are celebrating several things - first, and primarily, H.'s sixth month anniversary of his sobriety - a big milestone. Second, the tenth year anniversary of moving to Tracy and the purchase of our home. And lastly, but not leastly (yes, that's improper grammar - sorry, cousin S. but it's creative license with rhyming) - the fact that we are all in the same place at the same time - no one working. Or with plans elsewhere. Certainly a great reason to celebrate 'cuz the odds of the four of us being able to go anywhere and do anything together at the same time is very rare. So we'll seize the moment and drive to Livermore for a delicious dinner!

J. is schlepping packages to the post office for me. And mailing various cards, etc. with gifts enclosed. He and H. will also be schlepping the recycling to the recycle center and return home with cash. H. gets a 50% payment of whatever we collect since recycling is his job.

I braved the freezing cold wind and worked outside for a bit. The Japanese maples have lost their leaves and the leaves are covering the flower beds in a red/brown wet, mash. Some are managing to blow into the pool and spa and I feel sorry for the pool guy who comes in a couple days so I'm trying to clean it up a bit. The front also needs raking - from the neighbors trees, not ours. I'll get to that shortly.

The cleaning ladies come tomorrow and I don't like to be here when they're cleaning - so I'm going to head to my office for a bit. Have been doing some massive cleaning out of files, etc. and working alone with my iPod blaring is a good way to spend the morning. I'll get a lot done. I have a couple projects that need working on as well - and I'd rather start the new year feeling ahead a teeny, tiny bit vs. feeling behind - so a couple days of work out of 16 days off is do-able.

Chloe was sick yesterday - she threw up her entire breakfast within minutes of finishing and spent the day being totally cuddled. Everyone felt so sorry for her - her droopy ears and non-smiling face, lethargic puppy just stayed cuddled up on whatever lap was available. Not sure what she ate but she's right as rain this morning - back to her usual perky self. Sadly, her mama (me) is apparently bored and I've started to dress her. She got a pretty pink 'sherpa-like' coat on Sunday and she's been wearing a plaid, fleece-like garment for warmth. I think she appreciates being warmer - but sort of walks around looking like she feels dumb in whatever outfit she's in. We're trying to get some pics....but that's a challenge in itself. Maybe sometime this week. Target had the cutest holiday dog PJ's - but not in her size. God's surely looking out for her 'cuz they were as cute as they could be and I'm sure she would feel really dumb in those, too. Still, think of the possibilities - if I became one of those people that dress up their dog. Could happen. A friend of ours even bought rain boots for their dog - I won't go that far....but it's tempting.

Back to wrapping gifts. And cleaning out closets.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...