Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Counting Down

Up early to get my virtual farming fix - and it appears the game is down. So I'll write myself a little reminder of the happenings here - boring as they may be.

Only eight days of work left before Winter Break! Yeah! Days are busy and full so that is great 'cuz they fly by. Not so great 'cuz there's so much to do - and at some point, there will be a 'just stop'. Some of it will keep. It will have to.

J. and I seem to be well prepared for Christmas - most of the purchased gifts so far are for us! The boys have 'stuff' for under the tree - it's just so hard to know what to get them these days.

H. is back on his path to transfer back to his 'old' high school after the Winter Break. I understand completely that he really wants to be back with his friends and graduate with the kids he's known since we moved here. I just worry about all the technical parts of making that happen. I've given the responsibility for figuring it all out to J. My head and heart need to just stay out of it at this point. If he goes back, I worry about things like: he didn't have Senior portraits done, so he won't be in the year book. We didn't order announcements and his cap and gown and all those mechanical things - but they must have ways of making all those things happen. I'm sure they do. It will all work out. If he can pull off getting caught up before/during the winter break, then I guess we'll allow him to go back to his 'school of choice'. And then just keep our fingers crossed his last semester of high school goes OK.

B. got his hair cut with a zero - he's bald, basically. I don't like the look but it's not my head - but I still have a startle response every time I see him (which thankfully, at the moment, isn't often. Work, school, social life - he's rarely home these days, or at least not home and vertical when I am). So it will grow out a bit in the next couple weeks and then I'll recognize him again.

My new laptop is on the FedEx truck and should be here any day. And it appears I don't need it - 'cuz my lap top is behaving itself so far. Oh, the tangled web of rationalizing an expensive purchase that is not technically a need. It will be someday, though, right? Right?

Christmas tree is in the living room with no decorations on it. Nada. Zip. Lawn decorations are up and lit at night. Pretty. We're not doing lights on the house - saves electricity. The lawn stuff is 'enough'. Hopefully, we will decorate this weekend. I worked absolutely all weekend on my big report but will hopefully be home this weekend (for the most part). Here's hoping.

Enjoyed a work event in San Francisco on Monday evening. Nice dinner with friends and went in on BART a little early and did a little shopping. I love the city at Christmas - it's magical. We will be returning with the boys sometime during the break - it's always fun!

I've got to get going - missing my farming fix (which is a very relaxing way to start the day). There's much to do at work and meetings most of the day so I'd better get in to my office to tidy up a bit before heading out for meetings.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...